Monday, August 15, 2011

Train Wreck

This is not a short story or a figment of my imagination.  These events actually happened.  Friday, Sheila and I were on the way home for lunch.  On Furnie Jackson Road as we were going uphill, a small toyoto truck came flying up behind us and just as he was about to hit, he pulled it to the side and went around us.  The lane he went around us was on a hill and no way he could see if anyone was coming.  I, being irritated, blew my horn and sped up just a little.  As we topped the hill, he was 200 yards ahead of us and gaing speed.  As the train came around the curve he never put on brakes.
     He hit the rear car of the train, which was doing about fifty, he was running at least seventy.  The impact threw him back instantly fifteen feet.  the impact was on his side and the front.  I fully expected to find him in pieces.  As we pulled up, he opened the door and stepped out.  The door was crumpled and I don't know how it came open.  There was not a scratch on him, even though his truck was demolished.  He was acting really weird, not the kind of weird that getting hit by a train would cause.(I am not an expert)  I am not a person that is afraid of other people, but I was leary of him.
     Any thoughts on this?  Was he human, demon or just extremely lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment