Thursday, February 18, 2010

FLUTE, XYLOPHONE, PIANO

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, after a good nights sleep. I looked over at the clock and saw that I had 30 more minutes before I had to get up. The bed was warm and comfortable, but I was tossing and turning with the problems of my daughter and her husband, and my parents and brother. My mind was racing like it was on caffeine. Should I have done things differently, should I have not interfered when my son-in-law assaulted my wife? Now what kind of man would I be if I allowed that? Then it swings over to my parents and the things that have happened there. Could I have done any different? No, it was out of my control.
My soul was a hard knot, hiding under my heart and weighing as much as the world. From the far corners of my mind, I could hear the soft low sounds of a flute,lightly floating over into my conscience. Closer and more clear it became, with the wondrous rhythem of a man and a woman. Then I could hear the xylophone with the soft taps. This continued to soothe my soul for a few minutes and then the piano joined in from the low end. Beautiful and soothing, the sound loosened the knot of my soul and it began to grow and spread.
As all the instruments joined togather and became louder and the tempo became faster, my soul soared and and grew lighter. Brightness was feeling warm on my face and I looked toward the heavens. As the music reached another level, I could see the countenance of God. My soul was filled with relief and joy unspeakable. I could feel God touching my soul with the soothing sounds of the music. Heaven must be a wonderful place. It could not get any better and I never wanted to leave.
The joy and peace is shattered. What in the world is that horrible, awful, terrible tormented sound? Oh no!!! It is the alarm clock. What a sad dissappointment. Oh well, I got up with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. When you all see an old person sitting with their eyes closed, they may not be asleep. They may be basking in the glow and letting God replenish their soul with the beautiful music playing in their minds, remembering things that were and never will be again.
No, Virginia I am not on drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment